SERVPRO of Mar Vista Mold Remediation. Call now at (310) 822-780
Getting ready for a vacation is exciting but can be very stressful at times. Being focused on packing and trying to be on time to the airport can cause you to forget your toothbrush, your phone, or more importantly, turning off the sink or unplugging the hot iron. SERVPRO of Mar Vista has encountered many damages within the last few months that occurred while the tenant or homeowner was out of town on vacation. To enjoy a stress-free, fun vacation we advise that you take a few precautions before leaving your home.
- Check pipes, hoses, faucets, water heaters, and bathrooms for any type of leak.
- Clear excess debris from gutters and downspouts to prevent water buildup.
- To avoid electrical fires or power surges, unplug all unnecessary appliances.
- Check all the smoke detectors in your home to ensure that they are properly working.
Asking a friend or a family member to house sit while on vacation, is always a great option. You would have a faster response to an unfortunate event that could have possibly happened. Here at SERVPRO of Mar Vista, we want you to be able to enjoy your vacation and be able to come back to your home as you left it. Remember, with any emergency situation, SERVPRO of Mar Vista will be ready 24/7, 365. Our friendly team will be here, ready to assist you when needed. Give us a call at (310) 822-7800.
Pack Out Services
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Pack Out Services. Call now at (310) 822-7800
Dealing with a home disaster can be quite devastating. It becomes more overwhelming when you lose your personal belongings due to the damages of a fire or water loss. In an event of a water or fire loss, contents may be affected. With this, our content specialists will professionally inspect all contents that might have been affected. At times, some of the items may be identified to be “non-salvageable” or “total loss” which means that those items cannot be cleaned or restored. For proper water mitigation, mold remediation, or fire restoration, these unaffected belongings need to be moved out of the home. SERVPRO of Mar Vista wants to ensure that your home and personal belongings are in good hands. We don’t only offer restoration services, we also help with any pack-outs that are needed in such events. Our trained pack-out technicians will take appropriate measures to minimize loss or damage of contents by carefully inventorying, packing, transporting, cleaning, storing, and delivering your belongings. With any emergency situation, SERVPRO of Mar Vista will be ready 24/7, 365. Our friendly team will be here, ready to assist you when needed. Give us a call at (310) 822-7800.
No Job is Too Big or Too Small
Commercial Building Water Damage. Call now at (310) 822-7800.
When owning a commercial property, you want to be able to maintain a professional look. Any source of damage can ruin the appearance that appeals to your associates and customers. With the water needing to be mitigated, and the amount of time it usually takes to fully restore the property, it can cause a loss to the business and start to affect revenue if it isn’t handled properly. There had been a recent water loss at a commercial building caused by a failing sprinkler system. The caller had been slightly unsettled with the situation and was not sure how to handle it. Here at SERVPRO of Mar Vista, we make sure to take great care of our customers. We assured them that we were here to help and take the matter into our own hands. Being a commercial building, many of the tenants were worried about canceling appointments and losing clients. With that in mind, our experienced technicians mitigated all the water off the property without disrupting day-to-day business. No job is too big or too small. With any emergency situation, SERVPRO of Mar Vista will be ready 24/7, 365. Our friendly team will be here, ready to assist you when needed. Give us a call at (310) 822-7800.
Prevent Water Damages to Your Home When Your on Vacation
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Water Damage. Call now at (310) 822-7800
If you are going on vacation it can be a good practice to follow these steps to make sure that your home is safe while you are laying out in the sun. We have gotten many jobs from families returning home from vacation only to find their entire home to be damaged and filled with mold. The problem can be stopped with a few easy steps.
Turn off the main water valve
- Turning off your main water line is an easy step that can go a long way. When the main water valve is shut no water can go into your home and cause a water intrusion.
Check the supply lines
- check all your supply lines and make sure that nothing is leaking. There is nothing worse than a water loss that could have been prevented with just a few minutes of inspecting your home.
Put your friend to work
- If you are expecting to be gone for a long period of time have a friend stop by to check on your home.
Introducing You to Our Equipment
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Equipment. Call now at (310) 822-7800
Our water extractor is used to extract standing water. The extractor helps us greatly with removing out the water from solid surfaces which allows it to dry properly. This technique pulls out most of the water which can save the carpet from secondary damages and delamination.
This dehumidifier pulls out the moisture from the air and the affected materials and allows them to dry out. Our dehumidifiers have successfully dried out countless amounts of affected materials and have saved the homeowners and insurance companies thousands of dollars.
Similar to a dehumidifier, the desiccant takes in the air that contains moisture, dries the air, and puts back the drier air into the affected area. A desiccant is great to use in hard to dry areas like crawlspaces.
The air movers are commonly used to circulate the moisture particles in the room for the dehumidifier to take in. The air movers also help the dehumidifiers dry out the affected materials.
The air scrubber pulls in the air and filters some of mold spores, odor, debris, dust, and other airborne particles.
Floor Mat System:
The floor mat system is used to dry out hardwood flooring. We have not only saved flooring from buckling but also saved floors that already showed signs of slight damages.
Be Ahead of The Game!
SERVPRO of Mar Vista (310)822-7800
If in the event of having water damage in your home and it consists of clean water, there are few steps you can take to help with the start of the drying process.
- If safe, turn off the circuit breaker. If the standing water is over the electrical sockets on the floors or walls, do not touch the water. Once the power is off, unplug all electronics to avoid shock.
- Stop the water source. Locate where the cause of water damage is and try to stop or minimize the flow. If the leak is caused by a broken pipe, you will have to contact a plumber beforehand.
- Once you have stopped the water source, you will then want to contact SERVPRO of Mar Vista and your insurance company. If the damage by water is large you will, you will, of course, want to call as soon as you can.
- To help with the process of the claim, you can take pictures of the damages right away. Starting with the cause of loss and any areas or items that have been affected.
- While SERVPRO makes their way over, you can help by removing any light items or furniture from the affected area so that the technicians can have a faster start of cleaning and drying the area.
- To help decrease the amount of water, you can attempt to dry the flooring by mopping or blotting until the professionals arrive.
With any emergency situation, SERVPRO of Mar Vista will be ready 24/7, 365. Our friendly team will be here, ready to assist you when needed. Give us a call at (310) 822-7800.
Exhaust Fan Tips!
SERVPRO of Mar Vista fire clean up. Call today at (310) 822-7800
It is known that mold found in a bathroom, can at times be caused by poor ventilation. Taking consistent hot showers can cause damped walls. To avoid the growth of mold in the bathroom you want to be sure to properly let it air out after a shower. In which case, some bathrooms do not always have windows. This is where an exhaust fan comes handy. It helps prevent steamed up mirrors and of course damped walls. The exhaust fan does its part to prevent mold, although, they can also present a potential fire hazard if not cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. In some cases, an exhaust fan is thermally protected, allowing it to shut off when it begins to overheat. With precautious measures, you should still clean your exhaust fan twice a year. With the buildup of lint, the motor of the fan can overheat and ignite the lint itself, the plastic blades or any wooden structure surrounding the fan. Below are a few tips to help with the prevention of an overheating exhaust fan.
- Clean all bathroom exhaust fans twice a year.
- Clean the exhaust fan by removing the fan cover and removing the lint from around the motor and all air flow areas.
- Wash the cover in warm soaped water to remove lint. If there is any visible mold, you can add some bleach to the cleaning mixture. The cover must be completely dry before putting it back up.
- If not easily accessible, or happen to have evidence of heat damage, the exhaust fan should be replaced with the thermally protected units.
- At times, people forget they are running and leave them on. Exhaust fans should only be used for brief periods of time. Best time to have it on would be during a shower. Turn off all fans once the shower has been completed.
SERVPRO of Mar Vista has recently helped with an unfortunate fire and water loss caused by the exhaust fan. The exhaust fan had gotten stuck and lit a fuse in the wiring causing a slight fire, which then triggered the water sprinkler system. The customer was very worried and concerned about her home and getting someone out there as soon as possible. We made sure to take great care of our customer. We insured them that we were here to help and take the matter into our own hands. With any emergency situation, SERVPRO of Mar Vista will be ready 24/7, 365. Our friendly team will be here, ready to assist you when needed. Give us a call at (310) 822-7800.
Ways to Prevent Mold in Your Home
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Mold Remediation. Call now at (310) 822-7800
The first step would be identifying the problematic areas in your home and correct them. A hygienist can do an initial mold assessment and detected the spore counts and determine if there is an area that will require mold remediation. Most of the time mold grows in a sealed off area. The moisture and humidity in the sealed-off area create an easy environment for mold to grow. If your home has water damage make sure to call out a professional to mitigate the water properly to prevent mold growth. If an area has not dried out properly the mold can spread in all the areas that hold moisture. Here at SERVPRO of Mar Vista, we can do a visible mold inspection and advice if mold remediation is in need or not. We will then be to remediate the mold and mitigate the moisture to drastically decrease the chances of the mold growing back.
Are You Ready For an Emergency?
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). Call now at (310) 822-7800
What is an ERP and why is it beneficial for my home or business?
Did you know that 50% of business are not able to recover after a loss because they weren’t prepared? Well, let us tell you how an ERP would be beneficial for your home and business.
An ERP is short for Emergency Ready Profile, it is a tool for businesses, property managers and homeowners, both residential and commercial. By creating an ERP with SERVPRO of Mar Vista profile for your home or business, you minimize your business and home loss by having an immediate plan of action in case of a disaster such as mold, fire, water damage and living in California we need to be prepared for natural disasters such as earthquakes. Give SERVPRO of Mar Vista a call today for your ERP free of charge at (310)822-7800!
How to Prevent Dryer Fires
SERVPRO of Mar Vista fire clean up. Call today at (310) 822-7800
Did you know that according to the U.S Fire administration 2,900 home dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss? The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is a failure to clean them which causes lint to accumulate and cause a fire. Home fires happen more often during the fall and winter season. Here are some ways to avoid fires within your home:
- Clean the lint screen/filter before or after drying each load of clothes.
- Clean the dryer vent at least once a month to avoid lint accumulation.
- Use metal dryer ducts to help prevent dryer fires.
- No matter the kind of duct is installed in your dryer, make sure to regularly clean it.
- Occasionally wipe the sensor with a rag or cotton ball.