Recent Storm Damage Posts
Are You Ready For an Emergency?
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). Call now at (310) 822-7800
What is an ERP and why is it beneficial for my home or business?
Did you know that 50% of business are not able to recover after a loss because they weren’t prepared? Well, let us tell you how an ERP would be beneficial for your home and business.
An ERP is short for Emergency Ready Profile, it is a tool for businesses, property managers and homeowners, both residential and commercial. By creating an ERP with SERVPRO of Mar Vista profile for your home or business, you minimize your business and home loss by having an immediate plan of action in case of a disaster such as mold, fire, water damage and living in California we need to be prepared for natural disasters such as earthquakes. Give SERVPRO of Mar Vista a call today for your ERP free of charge at (310)822-7800!
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Board Up. Call now at (310) 822-7800.
Don't wait! Be proactive and call us out to board up your windows before the storm. If you have a damaged window or window seal do not let the storm cause more damage to your home. It is very common for a damaged window or window seal to cause leaks into the house that can cause predicted damages. The two commonly affected areas are walls and flooring. The insulation in the exterior wall is very difficult to dry since it is in a sealed tight environment and it does not get any airflow. This trapped moisture can cause mold growth if it is not treated properly. The water can travel down to the flooring and it can cause the flooring to buckle, swell, or discolor. A simple board up can save your home from thousands of dollars in repairs. Do not wait until it is too late to take care of your home.
How to Prepare for a Storm
SERVPRO of Mar Vista board up. Call now at (310) 822-7800
- Stock up on food, water, first aid kit, flashlights, batteries, portable phone chargers, toiletries, food, and medication for your pets. It is best to over-prepare for a storm than run out of supplies.
- Make a clear exit path in case of an emergency.
- Organize all your important paperwork in a waterproof bag or safe. Make sure that you are prepared for any damages to your important belongings.
- Bring in your outdoor furniture and contents. Move your contents into a shed or your garage.
- Make sure that the trees near your home are trimmed and maintained. Branches can snap during a storm and cause your home of thousands of dollars in damage.
- Have your roof inspected to make sure there is no damage. Even the smallest roof leak can cause your home a tremendous amount of damage.
- Have a professional board up your windows to prevent further damage and water to enter your house.
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Tarp Up. Call now at (310) 822-7800.
Do not wait until the storm passes to take care of your roof leak and the damage. Believe it or not, one of the most common causes of water damage comes from roof leaks during a rainstorm. SERVPRO of Mar Vista has trained technicians that can lay out a roof tarp and prevent the interior of your home from further damages. A roof tarp is the best way to control the situation until the roof has been fixed. The common damages from a roof leak are affected ceilings, walls, floors, and contents. Leaving the affected untreated properly can cause damages and mold growth to the materials. If you notice any staining, discoloration, moisture, mold, or damages after a rainstorm set up an appointment with us to come out and do an inspection. Give us a call at (310) 822-7800 and we would love to come out and assist you with any damages you may have.
How a Storm Forms
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Inspection. Call now at (310) 822-7800.
Although a rainstorm is not always fun, learning about them sure is. So how does a storm form? The following is a summary made by University Corporation for Atmospheric Research on how a storm is formed. "The action of warm air rising and cold air sinking (convection) plays a key role in the formation of severe thunderstorms. If the warm surface air is forced to rise, it will continue to rise, because it is less dense than the surrounding air. In addition, it will transfer heat from the land surface to upper levels of the atmosphere through the process of convection. Two of the most important ingredients for thunderstorm formation is instability (unstable air) and moisture". Make sure your home is prepared for a storm and if needed, treat your home after one. Cleaning up after a storm can be a tedious task. If not done properly, your home can have secondary damages that could have been prevented. Make sure to consult your questions and concerns with a professional and have your home inspected.
Keep Our Oceans Clean
SERVPRO of Mar Vista. Call now at (310) 822-7800
Do your part and keep our earth clean. It is important for everyone to clean our environment. Even if you do not litter in a storm drain or drainage ditch your trash can eventually end up in the ocean after a storm.
Here are a few good tips to keep our oceans clean:
1. Only throw your trash away in a trash bin. (Remember to recycle!)
2. Secure your trash bins before a storm. If possible, put your bins into a covered area.
3. Properly dispose of any trash that you may find on the streets.
4. Get involved in an ocean cleaning organization. Get your family and friends involved and plan and get involved with an organization that sounds appealing to you.
Change does not come easy. However, little by little we can decrease the amount of marine pollution and start cleaning the 5.25 trillion pieces and counting.