Steps of a Water Mitigation In a Commercial Building
1. Extract all the standing water from the flooring. Since the carpet pad acts like a sponge and absorbs all the water, the carpet pad will be removed. After removing the carpet pad we will extract the water from the carpet and let our dehumidifier dry the carpet and save it from any damage. If any other floor types are affected we will place the appropriate equipment to attempt to dry in place.
2. Conduct moisture readings on all floors and rooms to make sure all areas that are affected are marked and get the appropriate treatment.
3. Place proper equipment to attempt to dry in place the affected walls, ceilings, and flooring.
4. If the affected materials do not dry out, the demo would have to commence. It is important to treat all areas that are wet to make sure the mold does not form.
5. Once the cavities are open, the equipment will dry out any material that is holding on to moisture i.e., wood framing. The materials will need to reach the drying standard before the build-back can commence.
6. Build back on all open cavities.
"Like it never even happened."