How to Prepare for a Storm
- Stock up on food, water, first aid kit, flashlights, batteries, portable phone chargers, toiletries, food, and medication for your pets. It is best to over-prepare for a storm than run out of supplies.
- Make a clear exit path in case of an emergency.
- Organize all your important paperwork in a waterproof bag or safe. Make sure that you are prepared for any damages to your important belongings.
- Bring in your outdoor furniture and contents. Move your contents into a shed or your garage.
- Make sure that the trees near your home are trimmed and maintained. Branches can snap during a storm and cause your home of thousands of dollars in damage.
- Have your roof inspected to make sure there is no damage. Even the smallest roof leak can cause your home a tremendous amount of damage.
- Have a professional board up your windows to prevent further damage and water to enter your house.