Our Mold Remediations Step by Step
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Mold Remediation. Call now at (310) 822-780
Dealing with mold is not an easy task. Especially for a home owner that has never dealt with mold before. If you have noticed a water damage do not wait till it is too late. Water damage can lead into mold growth and if you leave your home untreated your insurance can decline your claim due to long term mold.
Step 1: It is important to first find the cause of the mold and fix any leaks that could have caused to fungus to grow.
Step 2: Set up containment in order to close of the area that will be worked on from the rest of the space.
Step 3: Demo out any drywall that has mold on it or is directly in front of the framing that has mold.
Step 4: Wipe down the affected area with anti-microbial. Wiping the area down can collect a lot of the mold spores and get it prepared for the grinding. This also reduces the amount of mold spores that become airborne during the grinding step.
Step 5: Dry out the affected area. This is the most important step by far! If the affected area still contains moisture, mold can grow back.
Step 6: Grind down the affected materials in order to best reduce the amount of mold spores on the material.
Step 7: HEPA vacuum any debris that had been caused during the mold remediation. Final wipe down of the affected materials and containment to ensure that the chamber is ready for a post mold clearance test if requested by the home owner.
Keep Your Landscape Lush
SERVPRO of Mar Vista fire clean up. Call today at (310) 822-7800
Keeping your landscape maintained and lush can save your home from a fire. When your landscape has dried out and deprived of water it is an easy target for it to catch on fire. A dried out landscape can cause indescribable damage from just a small spark. Not only would your house look nicer with a lush landscape, but it can actually save you a lot in damages. With the water that is in grass it is much harder for healthy grass to catch on fire. If you are looking for a new hobby or project that can increase the worth of your home consider fixing up your landscape. Working with nature can in return be relaxing and fun for you and your family to work on together. Although it will take time and money to maintain a beautiful lush landscape, the benefits that you will get out of it is priceless.
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Mold Remediation. Call now at (310) 822-7800.
One of the most common places for mold growth is down in the crawlspace. Crawlspaces are one of the least visible areas of your home, but that does not mean that everything is fine down there. Just because it is out of sight does not mean it should be out of your mind. If you might have water damage inside of your home, the water typically seeps down into the crawlspace and can expose the sub floor, beams, and the insulation to moisture. With the heat and humidity of the crawlspace, this forms a perfect environment for mold to grow. You can prevent mold growth in your crawlspace by calling us out and making sure that your crawlspace has been properly mitigated of all moisture. If you already have mold, our crew is ready to remediate the mold for you in no time. You can save your home from a lot of secondary damages if it has been treated properly. Do not wait till it is too late and give us a call at (310) 822-7800.
Introducing You to Our Equipment
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Equipment. Call now at (310) 822-7800
Our water extractor is used to extract out standing water. The extractor helps us greatly with removing out the water from solid surfaces which allows it dry properly. This technique pulls out most of the water which can save the carpet from secondary damages and delamination.
This dehumidifier pulls out the moisture form the air and the affected materials and allows them to dry out. Our dehumidifiers have successfully dried out countless amounts of affected materials and has saved the home owners and insurance companies thousands of dollars.
Similar to a dehumidifier, the desiccant takes in the air that contains moisture, dries the air, and puts back the drier air into the affected area. A desiccant is great to use in hard to dry areas like crawlspaces.
The air movers are commonly used to circulate the moisture particles in room for the dehumidifier to take in. The air movers also help the dehumidifiers dry out the affected materials.
The air scrubber pulls in the air and filters some of mold spores, odor, debris, dust, and other airborne particles.
Floor Mat System:
The floor mat system is used to dry out hardwood flooring. We have not only saved flooring from buckling, but also saved floors that already showed signs of slight damages.
Earthquake in a Commercial Building
Make a supply kit
- Make a supply kit that has food, water, first aid kid, batteries, flashlight, and a fire extinguisher.
- Secure the items that are hanging on the walls and ceiling to reduce falling objects that may lead into injuries.
- Have training sessions on what to do in case of an earthquake. Have a game plan and practice it.
Drop, Cover, and Hold On.
- Drop down to the floor. Hide under a surface that can protect your body. Hold on to the object as if your life depends on it.
Do NOT use the elevator.
- During an earthquake the elevator can apply its emergency breaks.
Stay inside until the shaking has stopped
- Running outside during an earthquake can be dangerous. Running during an earthquake increases the chances of falling objects that can cause you more harm.
Check your injuries
- Examine your body thoroughly to ensure that you have no injuries. Make it a priority to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Do not take your injuries lightly.
- Avoid going into any building that appears to be damaged.
- If the building you are in is damaged, leave the building and move away from it.
How to Prepare for a Storm
SERVPRO of Mar Vista board up. Call now at (310) 822-7800.
- Stock up on food, water, first aid kid, flashlights, batteries, portable phone chargers, toiletries, food and medication for your pets. It is best to over prepare for a storm than run out of supplies.
- Make a clear exist path in case of an emergency.
- Organize all your important paperwork in a waterproof bag or safe. Make sure that you are prepare for any damages to your important belongings.
- Bring in your outdoor furniture and contents. Move your contents into a shed or your garage.
- Make sure that the trees near your home are trimmed and maintained. Branches can snap during a storm and cause your home of thousands of dollars in damage.
- Have your roof inspected to make sure there is no damage. Even the smallest roof leak can cause your home a tremendous amount of damage.
- Have a professional board up your windows to prevent further damage and water to enter your house.
Maintaining Your Commercial Building
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Emergency Ready Profile. Call now at (310) 822-7800.
- Have frequent inspections. Have HVAC, roof, grounds, and interior inspection regularly. Upgrade your building with the recommendations from the inspectors. Up keeping your building may sound like a big investment. However, repairing damages that can have been prevented can cost much more.
- If any damage occurs to the building, make sure to properly fix them before the damage increase. Trying to cut costs and save money might sound like a good idea on paper. However, if the damages are not properly fixed you can easily spend much more in secondary damages.
- Make sure the building is ready for any disaster. Update the building regularly with ready to use emergency supplies that can save lives.
- Call us today to setup your Emergency Ready Profile. This allows you to create a profile with SERVPRO of Mar Vista and in an event of mold, fire, water damage disaster we immediately attend to the loss site and expedite the process.
Steps of a Water Mitigation In a Commercial Building:
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Commercial Building. Call now at (310) 822-7800.
1. Extract all the standing water from the flooring. Since the carpet pad acts like a sponge and absorbs all the water, the carpet pad will be removed. After removing the carpet pad we will extract the water from the carpet and let our dehumidifier dry the carpet and save it from any damage. If any other floor types are affected we will place the appropriate equipment to attempt to dry in place.
2. Conduct moisture readings on all floors and rooms to make sure all areas that are affected are marked and get the appropriate treatment.
3. Place proper equipment to attempt to dry in place the affected walls, ceilings, and flooring.
4. If the affected materials do not dry out, demo would have to commence. It is important to treat all areas that are wet to make sure mold does not form.
5. Once the cavities are open, the equipment will dry out any material that is holding on to moisture i.e., wood framing. The materials will need to reach drying standard before the build back can commence.
6. Build back on all open cavities.
"Like it never even happened."
Ways to Prevent Mold in Your Home
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Mold Remediation. Call now at (310) 822-7800.
The first step would be identifying the problematic areas in your home and correct them. A hygienist can do a initial mold assessment and detected the spore counts and determine if there is any area that will require a mold remediation. Most of the time mold grows in a sealed off area. The moisture and humidity in the sealed off area creates an easy environment for mold to grow. If your home has water damage make sure to call out a professional to mitigate the water properly to prevent mold growth. If an area has not dried out properly the mold can spread in all the areas that hold moisture. Here at SERVPRO of Mar Vista, we can do a visible mold inspection and advice if a mold remediation is in need or not. We will then be to remediate the mold and mitigate the moisture to drastically decrease the chances of the mold growing back.
SERVPRO of Mar Vista Board Up.
Call now at (310) 822-7800.
Be proactive and call us out to board up your windows before the storm. If you have a damaged window or window seal do not let the storm cause more damage to your home. It is very common for a damaged window or window seal to cause leaks into the house that can cause predicted damages. The two common affected areas are walls and flooring. The insulation in the exterior wall is very difficult to dry since it is in a sealed tight environment and it does not get any airflow. This trapped moisture can cause mold growth if it is not treated properly. The water can travel down to the flooring and it can cause flooring to buckle, swell, or discolor. A simple board up can save your home from thousands of dollars in repairs. Do not wait till it is too late to take care of your home.